Thursday, September 24, 2009

C is for Cookie.... and Cookie is for Me

I just returned from an hour long run and have a little downtown before I head up to campus to support the Walkout. Therefore, it seemed like an excellent idea to write a post; especially considering it has been a month since I made my last one. It's not my fault I haven't written in a while... I just haven't cooked anything worth noting. Ok, so I guess that would be my fault. There's just so much going on that I really haven't had the time to cook something exciting. There have been small things... cucumber salsa tacos, heirloom tomato bruschetta, zucchini latkes, but the lack of camera availalbe and the lapse of time since I have made those has been a little too long.

However, I can talk about cookies... I can always talk about cookies. I am second cousins with the cookie monster.

I think the ultimate cookie is the chocolate chip cookie. It's a classic. No one ever becomes sick of a chocolate chip cookie. They're just so dang tasty. My favorite is when they are a bit crispy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. And with dark chocolate! I also love a bit of cinnamon just to add a little spice.

A few weeks back I made a batch for my roommates that literally were gone within an hour of pulling them out of the oven. I can't blame their quick disappearence... they were good. And their aroma was so sweet that you couldn't escape from them inside our cozy apartment.


My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe hands down is from Ghiradelli chocolate. However, this one I had to adapt seeing as I was missing a few ingredients. But what can I say? I'm a college student I have to learn to adapt!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 F. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and add almond extract. Combine remaining ingrediants in a seperate bowl and slowly add to creamed mixture. Plop mounds onto a baking sheet, bake for 8-10 minutes and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. More cookies! (or more pictures of cookies that may one day fulfill their dreams of becoming real life cookies)

    ReplyDelete